Sunday, September 13, 2009

what i did on my summer vacation

got myself into a stupid love triangle where i didn't even manage to get laid.

went to new york for a secret weekend liaison with an older married man, only to find out months later that he was no longer married by that point (the third anniversary of our affair) but couldn't figure out how to tell me. got my boots shined by a street preacher.

met my blog stalker in central park. i was late. he brought me flowers and butterflies and prayers. it rained. i kissed him for a long time in the parking lot and lobby of the newark airport, and then i went home.

saw california and the pacific proper for the first time. from my vantage point in the sky, found out how much of the wild west is really just wasteland.

investigated phd programs only to decide that i'm too lazy (and maybe crazy) to do one.

helped my mom as much as i could.

cleaned and cleansed my apartment.

got a new roommate.

got closer to the end.

got over my ex.

re-found one of my best childhood friends/quasi-brother.

got back together with my long lost punk rock teenage love, only to be duped/dumped in favour of an 18 year old who looks just like i did when i was that age.

realized it was probably never about me, though sometimes it's still hard to believe.

broke my heart (again!), this time in several places.

gave up on love.