Saturday, March 20, 2010

scattered

it turns out that they all do leave their wives eventually but by the time it happens it doesn't matter anymore.

a bird pooped on my pant leg yesterday while i was talking to someone on the stairs outside my work. i always sit cross-legged on my chair, so it squished all over that too. people tell me it's good luck. it's also disgusting.

was going to go to a show with old punk rock guy tonight but i got sick. that happened the first night we went to a show at that bar too. different kind of sick, but hmmmmm. a symbol, a reminder...the singer from this band has turned into a "toothless, homeless meth addict" (borrowed words). methinks it's probably done, my affair with that world. so done, actually.

family takes my time and energy now. men are boring. the story always ends the same, even when it's all romance and intrigue and the like. shift of focus is fine. maybe i will get to garden this summer while we sell the house.

i might get a kitten in a few months. it was born yesterday. my friend will foster it until it's time (but only if it's a girl - even living with male cats is a pain).

finally, today...i say i don't care and i want it to be true but then cute smart mature nice articulate architect athlete traveller curious artistic geeky devoted funny flirty arrives at one pm to meet with me about his secret plans. after talk of art and life he leaves (half an hour instead of the five minutes it should have been later) and i check the birthdate on his registration form. only twenty-two and my future student. fml.