Saturday, February 21, 2009

little bird

funny (not) to think about how i narrowly escaped with this (my) life
uninspired
weird dreams
walking down the street with myself but not
strange peace and quiet in this manic me
more myself than not
i could have a life if i didn't spend it daydreaming
no need, no care, no ties
choose the cupcake with the icing,
show your card
show him how
sit

got/gave stuff back
it doesn't count if you make it whole grain but then pack it with sugar to
hide the taste
just call the spade the spade
there are tricks to disappearing
mostly involving not thinking too hard
and waiting too long

got lucky
got more than i imagined
fight, dance
in the snow
"always on the periphery" (he plays the fool)
i fell for it/him
a smile for his return
it's windy on the rooftop in the cold

do you believe in signs?
because i do
libraries and pianos and bright pink christmas cacti that bloom again in february
got to believe we are magic

the beginning of my way...
all
fall
down