Saturday, March 21, 2009

i am so bored of me

there's this crazy wisteria vine
wrapped itself into a pine
on the grounds of an old buddhist temple
it only blooms every few years
just before my birthday
and oddly,
never around my heartbreaks
today i gathered some of its seeds from the sidewalk
magic beans
on my way to work late

i live off donut store fare and potato chips and rice krispies with bananas and soymilk

a friday night visit to the museum bookstore
march break, goddess worship
young couples call to their children in ukrainian
my turn to be jealous
saddened
denied my birthright
a music of long ago longing
anyway
too burdened with debt from my naive eleemosynary impulses to afford admission
but why pay when the street outside is flooded with an abundance of ancient energy?
called to it, i pick up some of that too
descend
repeat
then continue to hide my roots

"it's like falling backwards into no one's arms"